In order to promote the mutual understanding, cooperation and exchanges in various fields between China and other countries, the Chinese government has set up a series of scholarship programs to sponsor international students, teachers and scholars to study and conduct research in Chinese universities. China Scholarship Council (CSC), entrusted by the Ministry of Education of People’s Republic of China, is responsible for the enrollment and the administration of Chinese Government Scholarship programs.
Now 289 designated Chinese universities offer a wide variety of academic programs in Science, Engineering, Agriculture, Medicine, Economics, Legal studies, Management, Education, History, Literature, Philosophy and Fine arts for scholarship recipients at all levels. Also Pakistani students are eligible for such scholarship. The individuals who fulfill the eligibility criteria and aim to complete their education they must apply for this scholarship.
Chinese Government Scholarship programs sponsor international students, teachers and scholars to undertake degree studies (bachelor, master or PhD) and Chinese language study or academic research in institutions of higher education in China.
Chines Govt PhD Scholarships 2019-20 Online Apply Eligibility Criteria
Chinese Government Scholarship covers both major study and Chinese language (preparatory) study. The table below illustrates the duration of each program.
|Supporting Categories||Major Study (including preparatory years)
(preparatory study year)
- Copies of applicant and father’s/Guardian’s CNIC.
- Copy of applicant’s Domicile.
- Copy of HEC online submitted form.
- A photocopy of valid passport information page.
- Two recommendation letters in original.
- Two recent passport size photographs.
- Two copies of applicant’s statement of purpose.
- Original health/fitness certificate applicable for more than 06 months.
- All educational degrees & transcripts from matric to last terminal degree attested by HEC & IBCC.
- Chinese online application form
- Get pre admission letter from Chinses Universities if possible (Applicants without pre-admission letter can also apply)
- Language qualification certificate. e.g., HSK certificates, IELTS or TOFEL report.
- Non-criminal record from police Department.
- In case of employment, No Objection Certificate (NOC) from applicant’s employer will be required from short listed candidates.
- Certified English Translations of supporting documents (i.e. certificates, testimonials, transcripts) must be submitted for documents that are not in English.
Full Scholarship Covers:
Tuition waiver. Tuition funds will be comprehensively used by the host university. It may cover scholarship students’ education, administration costs and expenditures to support student activities.
Accommodation: free university dormitory or accommodation subsidy.
Undergraduate students: CNY 2,500 per month;
Master’s students/general scholars: CNY 3,000 per month;
Doctoral students/senior scholars: CNY 3,500 per month.
Travel expenditure would be borne by the scholarship winners themselves. HEC will have no financial responsibility.
Basic requirements are as follow:
- Applicant must be citizen of Pakistan/AJK
- Must contain 12 years of schooling (FA/ Fsc or equivalent A-level) under the age of 25 years for undergraduate programs
- Must be a bachelor’s degree holder under the age of 35 years for master’s programs
- Must be a master’s degree holder under the age of 40 years for doctoral programs
- Submit the online HEC application form available at HEC eportal at website and retain its printed copy.
- To apply at Chinese web portal please click the link
- For detail instructions about Chinese Govt. Scholarship and applying procedure please follow the link and fill the Chinese online application carefully.
- Submit Fees of Rs.300/- in favour of HEC through HBL online facility. A separate bank Account No. 17427900133401 at HBL, H-9 Branch Islamabad is being maintained for online transfer of fee to HEC from any HBL branch across the country.