Studying is only part of getting good results on your annual exam and any entry test. No matter how hard you study as a student if you don’t know how to go about taking a test whether multiple choice or essay you won’t score the highest possible mark. Students with ADHD tent to crumble under the pressure and information overload of bigs exams. Here we provide some tips use these specific tips to prepare wisely for and access all of your multiple choice, math, English, and school test.
Strategies for Exam Preparation
Don’t leave it until the last minute. While some students do seem to thrive on last-minute cramming, it’s widely accepted that (for most of us) this is not the best way to approach an exam. To help sort out your time management, set up a timetable for your study. Write down how many exams you have and the days on which you have to sit them. Then organize your study accordingly. You may want to give some exams more study time than others, so find a balance that you feel comfortable with.
Test Taking Strategies for Annual Exams
How to Pass an Exam Successfully
We recommend reading and familiarizing yourself with proven test preparation tips and strategies for improving test performance, if you haven’t already. Once you have a solid command of the subject matter and material that will be presented on your test, it’s time to put in play some basic test taking strategies that have proven effective for thousands of students.
There is no substitute for preparation. If you haven’t studied throughout the semester. If you haven’t reviewed prior to test day. If you don’t know the test material, all the test taking strategies in the world won’t save you. Preparation is key.
- Spend as many hours as necessary to understand the material that will be covered on the test well enough to achieve a high score.
- Since teachers often slightly modify information on tests to determine if students have good understanding of concepts, spend time on honing test-taking skills.
- Exam stress is a natural and is experienced by mostly all students. Be relax and confident.
- Read all the questions carefully to get overall image of the paper.
- Five minutes must be given for reading the instruction on answer sheet and question.
Writing your Paper:
Question paper have different types of questions which required detailed explanation or short answer and multiple questions answers. The nature of questions determines the way to write your answers. Below we mention some important points for each type of question should be answered.
- Question which require explanatory and descriptive answer.
- Questions which require answer of few sentences.
- Question which require answer by selecting one in the given option.
- Plan how you will use the allotted time.
Exam Preparation Tips and Strategy
Take a moment to estimate how must time you’ll have for each section of the test and each question. Allow enough time for more difficult sections or sections that are weighted more heavily in the final test grade.
- Pace yourself so you can complete the test in the allotted time frame.
- Complete the questions you know first then come back and tackle the problems you’re not sure about after.
Answer all the questions:
Even if you’re running out of time and can answer all the questions fully, it’s important to answer all questions. Many professors will give partial credit for partially completed questions or if you’re able to show your work.
Dealing with long questions:
There is usually choice in long questions. If you have choice in the question better answer those questions which you can answer only. Start with the question you think you can answer the best.
Read the question carefully to know what it is asking for. Most of the student answers the question different to what is asked in the question.
3 Secret Study Tips
Long answer should be divided in many paragraphs in proper sequence. Each paragraph should be comprehensive. Try to cover all aspects of the answer in the paragraphs.
Give heading and sub headings to each paragraph. It makes your answer look appealing to the checker.
Use charts tables and diagrams where required.
- Plan to finish early and have time for review.
- Return to difficult questions you marked for review.
- Proofread your essays and pay attention to grammar and spelling.
Make sure you answer all the questions. Many students have failed to notice questions on the back side of the paper.
Dealing with short questions:
Short questions require very compact answer. Such question may ask about a definition meaning of a terminology a step in a scientific process and so on.
Exam Strategies for Students
These questions carry less marks and the answer should be to the point not exceeding to unnecessary explanation which may waste your time for other questions.
Better start the answer without giving a foreword or preface unless where required