PTCL (Pakistan Telecommunication Company Limited) is probably the largest ISP in Pakistan. You will need to know the PTCL router login steps if you wish to change your Wi Fi network name, password, or disable the firewall. Other changes that you could make include setting up Parental Controls (if applicable) for your children, port forwarding for gamers, and other things. It is a good idea to make a note of any changes made before making them. You can also make a backup copy of your router settings. These settings can be easily restored if you make a mistake. You can also reset your PTCL router to factory settings, but this will require you to set it up from scratch.
PTCL Router Login
PTCL offers internet and telephone services to Pakistani customers. Log in to your PTCL account via the router login page to manage your PTCL services, and view your account details. Only PTCL router connections will allow you to access this page
Login to your PTCL router before
These are the things you will need to have in order to successfully log into your PTCL router.
- You can access the network from the PTCL router.
- Access to the network must be granted. If the device is not part of the network, it will not allow you to log in to the router. Depending on what device you use, the connection can either be wired or wireless.
- The default or customized login details (IP address and username, password)
- The default password for PTCL routers is 192.168.10.1
- If you’ve changed it previously or the login window does not appear when you enter it in the browser, here’s how to find out what default router IP is.
How to Change PTCL Account Password?
To change your PTCL account password, follow the below steps:
- Sign in to your PTCL account.
- Click on the “Change Password” option.
- Enter your current password and the new password.
- Click on the “Change Password” button.
How to Sign In to PTCL Account?
Follow the below steps to sign in to your PTCL account:
- Go to the PTCL official website (www.ptcl.com.pk).
- Click on the “Sign In” button at the top right corner of the page.
- Enter your PTCL account username and password.
- Click on the “Sign In” button.
The default username for PTCL routers
PTCL uses the last five digits of MAC address to create a password that is not accompanied by dashes. The password can be printed on the label at the back of your router, or you can search the MAC address online. Remember to use the numbers without dashes. Step-by-Step PTCL Router Login
Once you have connected your device and received the login details for the PTCL router, everything should work perfectly.
Open your favorite browser
The router settings can usually be accessed via a browser. You can simply open the browser that you use to access the router settings and move on to the next step.
Type the PTCL Router Login IP into the URL bar
If you’re using a computer or a tablet, click the Enter button to enter the PTCL Route IP 192.168.10.1. Alternately, you could try 192.168.1.1.
Modern browsers add https:// to the IP automatically so there is no need for you to add https://.
Enter the login details for your PTCL router
If your IP address is correct, you will be asked for a username or password. These can be found in the username and password fields.
PTCL Password and username
If the password and username were modified previously, you can use them again. You will need to reset your router to factory settings if you forget the password or username. You will then be able login using the default PTCL router login information.
Click OK to confirm your enrollment
After you click on the OK button, you will be able to see the admin dashboard if your username and password have been entered correctly.
You can now easily customize your home network. We recommend that you change all default settings, which can pose a security risk to your network.
Here are the first steps to take if you want to modify some settings.
Change the password and wireless network name
It is a big mistake to leave your wireless network open for anyone to login and use your bandwidth. This could lead to a person being able to block you from accessing your network and even access your files.
If the Wi-Fi network has a password, it is important to change that password from time to time. You should also change the network name as many router manufacturers include their brand in the network name. This allows anyone to easily find the default login details and use them without your knowledge .You will need to change the Wi-Fi password for all devices connected to the network before you can use it again.
Change the password for router administrator
This password is used to access router settings. To add an additional layer of security to your home network, we recommend that you change it .These can be changed to improve security for your wireless home network.
Prerequisites for PTCL Router Login
- Before you start the PTCL router login process make sure that you have these items:
- An internet browser on a device (computer, tablet, smartphone, laptop)
- Stable internet connectivity
- PTCL router password and username (provided by PTCL).
PTCL Router Login Sign In to your PTCL Account
PTCL Router Login Accounts
These steps will allow you to log in to your PTCL Account via the router login page.
- Use Wi-Fi or Ethernet cables to connect your device to the PTCL Router.
- Open an internet browser on the device. Type the following URL into the address bar: http://192.168.1.1. This will take to the PTCL router login webpage.
- Click on the “Login” button to enter your PTCL router username, password and email address. Once you have successfully entered your credentials, you’ll be taken to your PTCL account dashboard.
Troubleshooting PTCL Router Login Problems
These solutions will help you log in to your PTCL Account via the router login page.
- These steps will allow you to reset your password for PTCL router if you forget it.
- For 15-20 seconds, press and hold the “Reset” button at the back of the router.
- Hold the button down and wait for your router to reboot.
- After the router has been rebooted, default username and password are “admin”
How do I find my PTCL router username and password?
Your PTCL router username and password are usually printed on the bottom or back of the router. If you can’t find it, contact PTCL customer support for assistance.
How do I reset my PTCL router to its default settings?
To reset your PTCL router to its default settings, press and hold the reset button on the back of the router for 10 seconds.
How do I check my PTCL internet speed?
You can check your PTCL internet speed by visiting the PTCL speed test website (www.speedtest.net.pk).
How do I report a PTCL service issue?
You can report a PTCL service issue by contacting PTCL customer support via phone, email, or live chat.
How can I upgrade my PTCL internet package?
upgrade your PTCL internet package, visit the PTCL official website or contact PTCL customer support for assistance.