CSS Exam In Pakistan Complete Guideline. The Public Service Commission was set up for the first time in British India in 1926. After independence, the Commission was established in Pakistan in 1947 under the provision of Government of India Act, 1935. At present, the commission is functioning under article 242of the constitution of Islamic Republic of Pakistan. It has been provided autonomy under the Rules of Business, 1973 and FPSC Regulations, 1978 in its working. The Commission has also been given administrative as well as, to some extent, financial autonomy to perform its functions independently.
CSS Exam In Pakistan Complete Guideline
CSS Exam stands for Central Superior Service Exam. CSS Exam is conducted by Federal Public Service Commission (FPSC) Islamabad for the recruitment of candidates to posts (BS-17) in the following services under the Federal Government. If you one of those who are want to apply for FPSC CSS exam then reached on right page on this page we share complete guide line, past paper, syllabus, paper pattern and more.
CSS Pakistan Jobs
- Commerce and Trade Services
- Customs and Excise Services
- District Management Group
- Foreign service of Pakistan
- Income Tax Group
- Information Group
- Military Lands and Cantonments Groups
- Office Management Group
- Pakistan Audit and Accounts service
- Police Service of Pakistan
- Postal Services Group
- Railways (Commercial and Transportation) Group
CSS Eligibility Criteria
Applicant must fulfill the following eligibility criteria for appearing in CSS Exam.
Nationality Criteria CSS Exams
The applicant must be a citizen of Pakistan or permanent resident of the state of Jammu and Kashmir.
- The applicant must have a Bachelor Degree with atleast 2nd division from a university of Pakistan or equivalent qualification from foreign university recognized by HEC.
- A candidate having 3rd Division in his or her Bachelor degree can only apply for the exam if he or she has secured Higher Division in the Master Degree.
CSS Exam In Pakistan Complete Guideline
CSS Pakistan Age Limit
- The age limit for candidate applying for CSS Exam is 21 to 30 years.
- The age limit is relaxed by two years (making 32 years as maximum age) for candidates currently serving as government employee or belonging to recognized tribes and areas. The criteria for age relaxation are given at the end of the page.
CSS Syllabus 2023
CSS Exam consists of the following four parts:
- Written Examination
- Medical Test
- Psychological Test
- Viva Voce
Places of CSS Exam
Karachi, Lahore, Islamabad, Peshawar, Abbottabad, Bahawalpur, D.I.Khan, Dera Ghazi Khan, Faisalabad, Gilgit, Gujranwala, Hyderabad, Khuzdar, Larkana, Multan, Muzaffarabad, Okara, Quetta, Rawalpindi, Sargodha, Sialkot, Skardu & Sukkur.
Karachi, Lahore, Islamabad, Peshawar and Quetta.
How to Apply for CSS Exam:
- The advertisement of CSS Exam, reflecting dates, is published in all newspapers in September each year.
- Deposit the exam fee in the nearest Govt. Treasury / State Bank of Pakistan / National Bank of Pakistan under the account head “C02101-Organs of State Exam fee (FPSC Receipt).
- Fill in the ‘Online Application Form’ on the official website of FPSC and take a print-out (hard-copy) of the same online form.
- Dispatch the hard copy of online form along with copies of your documents and bank receipt to the FPSC headquarter, Islamabad.
CSS Complete Guide Pdf
- A candidate cannot appear in CSS exam more than three times.
- The age of the applicant for CSS exam calculated on the 31st December of the year of applying. This means for applying for CSS 2018, your age on 31st December 2017 must not be more than 30 years or less than 21 years.
- Candidate has to appear in the four parts of CSS Exam i.e. written, medical, psychological test.
- Written exam has six compulsory paper and six optional papers (to be selected from the list).
- The minimum mark for qualifying compulsory paper is 40 % and for optional paper is 33 %.
- The candidate qualifying the written test will be shortlisted for further parts medical, psychological test.
- Candidate can apply for rechecking of his or her paper. Rechecking fee is Rs. 500 per paper.
Age relaxation Criteria:
The age limit for CSS exam is 21 to 30 years. The age limit is relaxed by two years (i.e. 32 years) for the following candidates:
- Candidates currently serving as government employee and has remained in the same service for at least 2 years. This age relaxation will be accorded to candidate on the provision of Departmental Permission Certificate. Employees from Banks, WAPDA, Regulatory Authorities and Autonomous bodies are not entitled to age relaxation.
- Candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes and Buddhist Community subject to provision of issued by DCO/Political Agent/District Magistrate.
- Candidates belonging to recognized Tribes who are permanent residents of the areas – Baluchistan, Tribal Areas of D.I.Khan and Peshawar Divisions (including former Frontier States of Dir, Swat, Chitral and Amb, Former excluded (Baluch) area forming part of the Dera Ghazi Khan and Rajanpur Districts, Former Tribal Areas of Mardan and Hazara Divisions, Upper Tanawal Area of Hazara Division. The student will have to provide certificate issued by DCO/Political Agent/District Magistrate.
- Candidates belonging to Azad Kashmir Territory subject to provision of certificate issued by Kashmir Affairs Division; Gilgit- Baltistan including Gilgit, Diamir, Baltistan, Ghizar and Ghanche; subject to the provision of certificate issued by DCO/Political Agent/District Magistrate.
- Candidates who are disabled namely, physically impaired, hearing/speech impaired (deaf &dumb) and visually impaired (blind), subject to submission of certificate of disability issued by the competent authority designated for the purpose by the Federal/ Provincial Government.