The Higher Education Commission HEC invites applications for award of Commonwealth Scholarship (Master’s & PhD) students for Pakistan/AJK nationals in the United Kingdom for year 2023. It is golden opportunity for those students who want to complete their education they must apply such scholarship before the 2023. Eligible candidates submit online application on HEC website. Funded by the UK Department for International Development (DFID), Commonwealth Masters and PhD scholarships allow talented and motivated individuals to gain advanced knowledge and skills required for sustainable development, and are aimed at those who could not otherwise afford their studies in the UK.
Commonwealth Scholarship 2023 Application Portal
The Higher Education Commission HEC announce online application forms at official website. Candidates who fulfill the criteria they must visit HEC official website and register them online before due date. HEC open online registration portal for candidates.
Commonwealth Scholarship 2023 Pakistan
The Higher Education Commission HEC Pakistan invites applications form Pakistani and AJK nationals under Commonwealth Scholarship Program 2023 for Master’s and PhD studies. The programme is managed by HEC Pakistan in collaboration with Commonwealth Scholarship Commission UK.
Commonwealth Scholarship Pakistan 2023 Deadline
Interested candidates they fulfill the criteria and interested to get Commonwealth Scholarship 2023 they must apply online at www.hec.gov.pk registration portal. Incomplete and late submission forms are not entertained. Candidates must submit complete form before 1st November 2023.
HEC Aptitude Test HAT 2023
HEC invites online application for Commonwealth Scholarship review forms and announce the list of candidates who are eligible for HEC HAT Test 2023. Educational Testing Council ETC conduct the HEC HAT test on announce schedule. Candidates must download roll number slip before test date.
HEC Commonwealth Scholarship 2023 For Master and PhD in UK Apply Online
HEC Programmes offered
Commonwealth Masters and PhD scholarships are for candidates from low and middle income Commonwealth countries, for fulltime Masters & Doctoral study (PhD) at a UK University. These scholarships are offered under following six themes:
- Science and technology for development
- Strengthening health systems and capacity
- Promoting global prosperity
- Strengthening global peace, security and governance
- Strengthening resilience and response to crises
- Access, inclusion and opportunity
Benefits of the programme
The Scholarship will cover the following:
- Approved airfare from your home country to the UK and return at the end of your award (the CSC will not reimburse the cost of fares for dependants, nor usually the cost of journeys made before your award is finally confirmed).
- Approved tuition fees.
- Stipend (living allowance) at the rate of £1,084 per month or £1,330, for those at universities in London metropolitan area (rates quoted at 2018/2023 levels).
- Warm clothing allowance, where applicable.
- Study travel grants towards the cost of study-related travel within UK or Overseas.
- Provision towards the cost of fieldwork undertaken overseas (usually the cost of one economy class return airfare to your fieldwork location) where approved.
- Paid mid-term visit (airfare) to your home country (unless you have claimed or (intend to claim) spouse and/or child allowances during your scholarships, or have received a return airfare to your home country for fieldwork).
- Family allowances as follows:
- Spouse allowance of £233 per month if you and your spouse are living together at the same address in the UK (unless your spouse is also in receipt of a scholarship; other conditions also apply) Child allowance of £233 per month for the first child, and £114 per month for the second and third child under the age of 16, if you are accompanied by your spouse and children and they are living with you at the same address in the UK.
- If you are widowed, divorced, or a single parent, child allowance of £465 per month for the first child, and £114 per month for the second and third child under the age of 16, if you are accompanied by your children and they are living with you at the same address in the UK.
Duration of the Programme
- The duration of the scholarship program is valid for one year for Master & three years for PhD starting from fall 2023.
Commonwealth Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
- To apply for these scholarships, you must:
- Be a Pakistani/AJ&K national & permanent resident of Pakistan/AJ&K
- Be available to start your academic studies in the UK by the start of the UK academic year in September/October 2023
- For Master Scholarship, candidate by closing date of application must hold a first class/first division degree complete in all aspects in graduate qualification (16 years degree i.e. MSC/MA/MBA/BS/BBA etc) in the relevant field of study.
- For PhD scholarship, applicant must hold a first class degree in relevant postgraduate qualification (18/17 years MS/MPhil degree) in the relevant field of study by closing date of applications
- Not have any third division throughout your academic career and maximum of two second divisions are allowed but candidate must not have second division in the terminal/last degree.
- Must apply under one of the themes as mentioned above and on the CSC website and candidate’s field of study must be in line with future development needs of Pakistan.
- NOT be registered for a PhD, or an MPhil leading to a PhD, or Masters at a UK university before September/October 2023 or candidate not have studied at same level in UK before.
- Be unable to afford the study in the United Kingdom without this scholarship.
Apply online at HEC website: http://eportal.hec.gov.pk/loa . After registering and filling your profile, please select “Learning Opportunities Abroad” under “Scholarship and Grant” menu in left hand side panel of the online portal. After that apply online to Commonwealth Scholarship through EAS form for Masters & Doctoral studies (PhD) through Electronic Application System (EAS) at:
- Masters: https://fs29.formsite.com/m3nCYq/form62/form_login.html
- PhD: https://fs29.formsite.com/m3nCYq/form60/form_login.html
I am waiting for my intermediate result, Am I eligible to apply?
No, as mentioned in advertisement, applicant must have acquired the requisite academic qualification on or before the closing date. Result awaiting students are not eligible to apply.
My domicile is other than FATA/Balochistan. Am I eligible to apply?
No, only applicants having domicile/local certificate of Balochistan and Erstwhile FATA are eligible to apply.
What is Balochistan IN/Out and FATA IN/Out?
The applicants who have studied at F.Sc (Intermediate level) in the institutions located within the districts of Balochistan or Agency or FRs of Erstwhile FATA fall under the category BALOCHISTAN IN and FATA IN respectively. Those who have studied at F.Sc (Intermediate level) in the institutions outside Balochistan and Erstwhile FATA/FRs fall under BALOCHISTAN OUT and FATA OUT category respectively.
Can I send my application through courier or submit by hand?
Only online applications are acceptable. Applications submitted in hard form will not be entertained.
Is there any scholarship application processing fee?
The applicants are required to deposit Rs.500/- (Nonrefundable) as application fee in HBL Account Number 17427900133401 and should upload the scanned/Image online while applying. Applicant must keep the original deposit slip safe for future requirement.